Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes
November 19, 2014
1. Mrs. Compton’s Christmas Play- How The Grinch Stole Christmas will take place on December 10th. Projected time is 6pm with a possible dress rehearsal at 3:30-4pm.
2. Multicultural Day set up to begin at 11:15am. Volunteers are needed to help with set up/serving.
1. Staffing Changes-Due to personal reasons, Mrs. Parsons decided to resign her position with Discovery. We are excited to announce Mrs. Arnot as the new advisor in the ½ building. She has children that attend Discovery and has subbed with us many times.
2. Discovery has the opportunity for students to participate in open gym time at Molasky Middle School. The dates are Dec. 2, 9, and 16th afterschool from 4-5:30pm.
3. Parent discussion regarding communication of Mrs. Parson’s departure. Mr. Price discussed that each situation is different and has to be handled accordingly. Discovery will make every effort in the future to communicate advisor changes in a timely manner. Mr. Price will also work with teachers to ensure their websites are updated weekly to communicate effectively with our community.