http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 DCS http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png DCS2012-09-13 14:04:282012-09-13 14:04:28Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes September 12, 2012
Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes
- Jennifer Kakita will be hosting the yoga/garden volunteer meeting at 3:30pm on September 12, 2012 on the playground. She is working with Mrs. Laman’s class to grow a “salsa garden”.
- Trunk or Treat is still on schedule for October 25th, 2012 at 6:30pm-8:30pm. Updates to come.
- We hope to have all bids on the gate reconfiguration this week. Or goal is to have ease of access between the two buildings within the next few weeks. Thank you for your patience.
- Discussion about video by Sir Kenneth Robinson that was posted last week. The question was presented to Mr. Price regarding his vision of project based classroom learning. Mr. Price explained that project based learning is different at each developmental level. Our goal is to create independent, self-motivated, self-driven students that have a lifelong love of learning.
- Christy Bakir discussed possibility of parents forming a PTO/PTA.
- K-2 advisors are requesting students come to school with water bottles and are asking for donations of water bottles to classrooms.
- Parents pleased with start/end times of day becoming consistent.
- Discussion regarding websites/communication from K-2 advisors. Parents are asking for frequent website updates to stay informed.
- Mr. Price presented the idea of one advisor a week attend the parent meetings. We would post in minutes which advisor will be in attendance the following week.
- Next Thursday September 20th is count day.
- We currently have openings at the Hillpointe campus for every grade level except 7/8.