http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 DCS http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png DCS2012-09-05 11:22:372012-09-05 14:03:06Hillpointe Parent Meeting Minutes September 5, 2012
Hillpointe Parent Meeting
September 5, 2012
- Meeting will take place 9/5/12 after school on playground regarding yoga/garden volunteer coordination and planning.
- Jennifer Kakita will partner with Mrs. Laman’s class in planting the garden.
- Trunk or Treat – Zachelle Jordan has volunteered to be the lead parent. A date of Thursday October 25th from 6:30-9:00pm has been presented.
- Drop off/Pick up- Parents feel that the drop off and pick up in the back is going a bit more smoothly, front pick up has had some parents parked against the curb. We will make sure that staff presence is outside during both drop off and pick up.
- Gates-We are looking into moving the gates for ease of access from the front to the back of the building. This requires some research into permits etc. We will be contacting contractors for bids. We do ask that parents close the gates when they go through them. Gates are locked at 8:30am.
- Parents are able to use the parking spots in the front of the building if they plan on staying at the school.
- Mini Fridge- K-2 advisors have agreed to a refrigerator.
- Sunshades- Permit issues will have to be researched as well.
- Mr. Price’s has had issues with his Discovery email. The issues have beeen fixed and you may reach him at email@example.com
- Parent meetings are an opportunity to discuss educational philosophy. A great example of this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U&feature=em-share_video_user
- Specials/PE – Students are taking part in either PE with Mr. T or a Specials class with Mrs. Tiller. These classes ensure consistency in core schedules and extracurricular activities.
- Jennifer Kakita has offered to do a fundraiser through her personal business and is donating funds to the school.