http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 DCS http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png DCS2013-02-11 15:51:102013-02-11 15:51:10Mesa Vista Parent Meeting Minutes February 7, 2013
Mesa Vista Parent Meeting Minutes
February 7, 2013
- Art gala will take place this Saturday, February 9th 1-5 pm.
- 501c3-Lisa Bernauer and Angie Story were added to the board. Next meeting will occur March 1st at 2pm at the Mesa Vista campus. This meeting is open to the public. Discussion regarding opportunities available as a non-profit.
- Leadership would like to work on the yard. Begin with small sections and improve one area at a time. Would like to investigate vending machines on campus.
- Advisor updates- Miss Hall will have Friday school and Miss Rivera will be having a rehearsal for the We are Monsters play.
- Enrollment updates- Majority of current students have re-enrolled, leaving under 20 openings available for new students. Administration will be reaching out for parent input on grade groupings as we get closer to the new school year.
- Bricks 4 Kidz has begun their after school program. There is plenty of room for additional students to attend. There may be an opportunity for a Friday class in the future.
- Danielle Skerritt-Seskin and Lisa Katic will be teaching an art class beginning Friday February 15th. The class revolves around reducing the carbon foot print and students will be creating a shoe sculpture using recycled items.
- Parent discussion regarding playground pick up and encouraging school pride by keeping a clean playground.