Mesa Vista Parent Meeting Minutes
January 28, 2016
1. Leadership students went to a big school choice celebration where they were able to hear speeches about the importance of school choice. Leadership will also offer another babysitting night for families, dates to be announced soon.
2. Report card feedback was positive.
1. Testing- Mr. Price attended meetings yesterday about mandatory testing. After much discussion, it was determined that students participate in the SBAC testing and an ACT Aspire test in an effort to keep track of academic growth in charter students. Another topic discussed was protocol in the event of a school district shut down due to threats/weather etc. It was determined that charters follow CCSD in that sort of situation.
2. Kickball season will begin February 15th and run through March 27th.
3. Incoming sibling enrollment packets are due tomorrow! Please be sure to get those in to ensure a spot for your student.
4. Miss Ayala addressed the families about an April Disney trip. Cost will be approximately $150 per person and cover ticket for entry and bus ride. The trip is open to all students, but children in grades K-6 will require a parent guardian to attend with them.