Mesa Vista Parent Meeting Minutes
October 3, 2014
Miss Kritzler spoke to parents about classroom curriculum and using Kagen strategies within her classroom.
1. Discussed the cardboard regatta. Miss Benoit, as a new advisor, really jumped in and planned this successful event.
2. Our cross country team continues to improve weekly. We are hosting a meet tonight at Becker middle school and all families are welcome to attend and cheer on students. Hoping to create an unofficial K-2 race for the next meet scheduled on October 9th.
3. Still have plenty of trunk spots available for Trunk or Treat that will be held on the 24th. Please speak with Meghan Hubble if you would like trunk space.
1. Mr. Price discussed open house feedback received from parents and talked out how we will proceed with it next school year. Teachers will address parents at set times as a whole. IF individual conferences are requested they will be scheduled for a later date.
2. Leadership-Students are running for presidential spots. We will update when final elections are held.
3. List of seminars have been announced to parents and students will start them on Monday.
4. Discussion regarding health requirements in CCSD. Currently 5th and 8th grade receive mandatory health classes and parents always have an option of whether or not their child will participate in this. As a charter school we are able to choose the curriculum we use, parents will have a voice in that curriculum and it will always be made a choice for parents to have their students participate.