http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png 0 0 DCS http://dcslv.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/owl-text-1242x310-300x75.png DCS2016-09-01 10:59:222016-09-01 13:22:10Mesa Vista Parent Meeting Minutes September 1, 2016
Mesa Vista Parent Meeting Minutes
September 1, 2016
- Introductions of Mrs. Story, Mrs. Kettleson and Mr. Price.
- Price discussed the purpose of parent meetings and that they should be used to discuss ideas, create opportunities and address global issues.
- Story announced various events and upcoming activities:
- Open House will be September 22, 2016
- The Scholastic Book Fair Visits September 6-13th.
- Picture Day September 26th
- Flag Football begins 9/24, Volleyball 9/24, and Cross Country 9/26
- Fall Festival/Trunk or Treat October 21st.
- Price informed parents that the portable is waiting on a final Fire Marshal inspection before we can have students inhabit it. Once it is open for use, we will have room inside for a tech classroom, pull out tutoring/instruction, office space, library and storage.
- Question asked by parent is we would be bringing additional Friday activities back. Our goal is to bring music, engineering and possibly some art back on Fridays for students to participate in.
- Parent question about grant writing opportunities and if it was something they could be a part of. List created with other names interested in learning to write grants.