News & Updates
“Question this and question that and ask and ask and ask,
Your questions are your answers as you meet each learning task.”
Seven days in and our families flood us with ideas, learning support and questions as to what they can do to help. Here is a beginning list:
- We are forming a 501C-3 foundation to target funds, grants and finances to support our project based learning. Call our offices for phone numbers and names of people who can guide you in supporting our projects.
- We need to form parent support groups at each site.
- We have many, many computers at each site and we need wiring and set -up skills to bring them on line for our students.
- We are seeking affordable weekly cleaning support to supplement our students and staff who take a great deal of responsibility for cleaning.
- We are looking to provide stalls for our restrooms, and we need assistance with the construction.
- We can use assistance answering phones and assisting with office clerical duties.
- We need music, dance, art, and creative volunteers for our classrooms.
- We need our families to meet together to organize special Friday family activities and project experiences.
- We need parents to assist us in working with individual students to assist us in realizing our vision of truly individualizing learning opportunities for our students.
- We need families to be available for special presentations and sharing of expertise that helps them in their work and pastimes.
- We need families to share their vision and needs for the education of their children so that we can weave those visions effectively with ours.
- We need families to continue to believe in us and to be comfortable sharing the task of educating children.
Please contact our office staff at either site, or feel free to call or meet with any of our teachers and administrative staff. We are available before school, after school, and of course on Fridays to meet with you and share ideas.
Dr. Dave Price, Director of Education
Allee Allee Ox in Free for learning at the Discovery Charter Schools. Just like the game we played in the streets and alleyways when we were kids, we call everyone to learning each day at Discovery. In the game, it meant that we had the chance to start over in a new game, and at Discovery, we call all to join in as we share a new day of learning excitement.
Hard to believe that here we are in our second week and it seems as if we have been at this for a long time. The joy of learning that we see each day at both sites is evident in the wonderful smiles on the faces of our students. We are also very excited about the same smiles of joy that we see on the faces of our families as they bring their students to school, stay for our opening exercises and then as they pick the students after school. Just look around and you will see the vision of a child centered, school and family partnership team becoming more and more a reality each day.
ALLEE ALLEE OX IN FREE FOR LEARNING, BRING YOUR SMILES AND JOIN US TO DAY!
Dr. Dave Price
Discovery Charter School is pleased to welcome our new students to the inaugural year of our school. We are excited to provide this wonderful educational opportunity for our students and look forward to a great school year.